The Science

Good Idea was developed to help improve metabolism and optimize your energy throughout the day.

The result of drinking GOOD IDEA with your meals is a 20-30% reduction in blood sugar rise, which leads to better energy all day.

Drink 1/4 of Good Idea a few minutes before you start eating. Finish it with your food. Feel the difference all day long.

Backed by hard science and a decade of research.

Proven in randomized, double-blind clinical trials.

Instant blood sugar balancing effect in every can.

Smaller Spike, Smaller Crash, More Energy

Good Idea will help you harness your natural energy so you will avoid post-meal crashes, sugar cravings, and needless calorie intake.

1+1=3

The active ingredients in Good Idea are five essential amino acids, and a small amount of the essential mineral chromium, in the form of chromium picolinate.

Combined, they synergistically reduce total blood sugar. While the amino acids prime the metabolism to provide more effective energy from the food you eat. Chromium picolinate enhances insulin sensitivity so that less is needed to transport energy into the cells.

Results You Can Feel & See

Ostman et al, PLoS ONE 15(6):e0234237

Pro-active insulin doesn’t mean overproducing insulin, it means getting ahead of the curve in a way that reduces strain for your body.

Ostman et al, PLoS ONE 15(6):e0234237

Graph from actual meal study, showing typical reduction of 20-30% in blood sugar rise following a regular meal.

Wanna read more?
Check out our clinical studies

2017

Published 2017 in Functional Foods in Health and Disease, 7(2):88-97

Investigation of serving 5 Amino Acids (5AA) and Chromium Picolinate (CrPic) alone, or in combination
LEARN MORE
2020

Published 2020 in PLoS ONE 15(6): e0234237

Proof of concept, North America
LEARN MORE

Investigation of serving 5 Amino Acids (5AA) and Chromium Picolinate (CrPic) alone, or in combination

Published 2017 in Functional Foods in Health and Disease, 7(2):88-97

https://www.ffhdj.com/index.php/ffhd/article/view/304

  • Study design: Single-blind, randomized, controlled, cross-over trial
  • Study locations: Lund, Sweden
  • Subjects: 19 overweight men (11) and women (8), without diabetes
    • Mean BMI: 27.3 kg/m2
    • Mean age: 51 years
  • Meal: White bread, butter & orange jam. In total 64 g carbohydrates (50 g from the bread), 9 g protein and 12 g fat (total 380 kcal)
  • Test product: Carbonated, flavored water without (Placebo) or with 6.9 g 5AA alone or in combination with 500 µg CrPic, taken together with the meal.
  • Main results: 5AA+CrPic significantly lowered Cmax (called iPeak) by 27% compared to Placebo, and tended to reduce glucose response iAUC0-120 min by 20% (non-significant). Early insulin increase did not reach significance after 5AA+CrPic, although the overall iAUC for insulin was significantly higher (about 30%) for 5AA+CrPic compared with Placebo. Compared with the 5AA drink, the 5AA+CrPic reduced the insulin release by about 50%, indicating an improved insulin economy by combining 5AA with CrPic.
x

Proof of concept, North America

Published 2020 in PLoS ONE 15(6): e0234237

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0234237

  • Study design: Double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled, cross-over study
  • Study locations: London, ON, Canada and Orlando, FL, USA
  • Subjects: 60 overweight men (28) and women (32), without diabetes
    • Mean BMI: 27.4 kg/m2 (24-30)
    • Mean age: 34.6 years (20-50)
  • Meal: White bread, butter and ham. In total 46 g carbohydrates, 14 g protein and 14 g fat (total 372 kcal). Good Idea® or Placebo was consumed 3 min before (175 ml) and then during the meal (180 ml). The latter volume was divided in 4 servings à 50 ml at times 3 min (after first bite), 7 min and 11 min, as well as the remaining 30 ml at time 14 min.
  • Test product: 355 ml (12 fl.oz) Good Idea® LemonLime (2.6 g 5AA + 250 µg CrPic) or Placebo (carbonated and lemon-lime flavored water without the 5AA+CrPic)
  • Main results: Acute consumption of Good Idea® with a standardized meal elicited a significant 24% reduction in postprandial blood glucose iAUC0-120min, as well as a 5.4% decrease in Cmax compared to placebo (ITT-population, n=60). There was no significant difference in overall insulin responses after Good Idea® compared to placebo.
x

As Seen On